Choose Your Own E-Learning Challenge Topic #129

Choose Your E-Learning Challenge #378: Challenge | Recap

Challenge of the Week

This week, your challenge is to choose your e-learning challenge topic and build an example for that challenge. 

Feel free to catch up on previous challenges, or come up with something entirely different. Who knows? Your entry might inspire the next e-learning challenge!

Include Your Topic with Your Entry

When you post your your example, please tell us your challenge topic by introducing your entry with, “This week, my challenge was to. . ." 

This will help others know what to look for when viewing your example.

New Entries Only!

There’s only one catch. Your entry this week must be original. So you can’t reuse an example you shared in a previous challenge. 

You can, however, rework a previous entry. For example, if you want to share a Progress Bar (#368) demo, your challenge could be more specific, like vertical progress meters or an image-based progress bar. This way, you could modify something you shared in a previous challenge.

Share Your E-Learning Work

• Comments: Use the comments section below to share a link to your published example and blog post.
  • Forums: Start  your own thread and share a link to your published example..
  • Personal blog:  If you have a blog, please consider writing about your challenges. We’ll link back to your posts so the great work you’re sharing gets even more exposure.
  • Social Media: If you share your demos on Twitter or LinkedIn, try using #ELHChallenge so your tweeps can track your e-learning coolness.

Last Week’s Challenge: 

Before you choose your topic, check out the quick and dirty cover slide examples your fellow challengers shared over the past week:

Quick and Dirty Image Effect for E-Learning Cover Slides #377

E-Learning Cover Slides #377: Challenge | Recap

New to the E-Learning Challenges?

The weekly e-learning challenges are ongoing opportunities to learn, share, and build your e-learning portfolios. You can jump into any or all of the previous challengesanytime you want. I’ll update the recap posts to include your demos.

Learn more about the challenges in this Q&A post and why and how to participate in this helpful article.

89 Comments
Karin Lorbeck
Faizan Mohiuddin
Nate Campbell

Hi all. I've been meaning for a while to create a slider that adjusts the blurriness of an image. It sprung out of another project I was doing that led my brain down its own private rabbit holes & I honestly don't have a use case for it, but I'm more interested in 'Can I' than 'Why should I'. Here's what I came up with: https://360.articulate.com/review/content/b4882a12-0ab5-4512-ad39-c16916c52092/review It's not pretty, I didn't do much to it other than the interaction itself, but it let me know that it can be done. It works very simply. The base layer is just the background image, and I have a new layer that has a blurry image that covers the whole slide, which is triggered to pause as soon as it starts. The blur image has a slow fade (5 seconds). The slider is tied to a number ... Expand

Iris Schlabitz

For some time now I was wondering how I could have a little bird fly through the screen smoothly, also being able to reuse the slide for multiple purposes. I came up with this: https://360.articulate.com/review/content/e479aa9c-daea-4dcb-acd3-2dd689ef7508/review I have a background image on the slide with a trigger "show layer when timeline starts" to my layer. On the layer (approx. 4 seconds long) I imported the bird right to the left, outside of the layer, and added states for each movement - by means of a bulk upload. Then I moved each bird movement about 20 points to the right, so it actually flies through the image. (The bird itself with its individual movements I bought from Adobe images (EPS file) and exported each movement with Illustrator). Then I added triggers: ... Expand

Tracy Carroll
Luis Espinoza
Ron Katz