Heartland E-learning Conference - Resources
I'm in Oklahoma this week for the Heartland E-learning Conference. So far, it's been an amazing conference and a great opportunity to talk shop with current — and future — Articulate users.
I thought it could be useful to share some resources from yesterday's conversations for the benefit of others who might be interested in those topics. The topics centered around three common themes:
- Quizzing feedback
- Social Media in courses
- Academic elearning examples
Can I incorporate social media into my elearning courses?
It was no surprise that social media was one of the biggest topics at the conference. There were a lot of questions around integrating social media activities into online lectures, presentations and courses. The good news? Presenter '09's Web Objects makes that possible.
Here are some ways to combine social media with your elearning courses.
- Google Docs/Spreadsheet
- Using Mantis bug catcher for course review
- Tom's Course review demo
- You Tube
- Google Maps
- Google Maps and YouTube mashup
- Using Diigo’s Webslides in Articulate as a Web Object
- TimeRime | Part 2 | Part 3
How can I provide feedback in Quizmaker?
Feedback is an essential component to the learning process, so it makes sense that it would be such a popular topic at this event. With Quizmaker, you can provide learners feedback based on their questions or answers. You can further customize the feedback with supporting graphics, audio recordings and even video.
Providing feedback in Quizmaker:
The following tutorials are part of our Articulate Products tutorials.
- How to enable answer-level feedback & branching
- How to customize the feedback pop-ups
- Customizing the Result Slides
- Choosing What Happens When Learners Finish a Standalone Quiz
- Choosing What Happens When Learners Finish a Quiz within Your Course
Screencast tutorials on Quizmaker feedback:
- Here are two ways to provide feedback on ungraded review questions
- Change feedback from None to By Question or Answer
- How to provide different feedback and score for each answer choice
- Creating Customized Feedback with Blank Slides and Branching
Creative feedback examples:
- How I built the custom feedback for the recycle-shredder question
- Art Gallery Quizmaker - Designing and setting up the question & feedback slides
- Creating a custom feedback slide
- How to animate a feedback box
- How to add audio to your quiz questions, feedback, or results slides
- Reapply the same audio feedback across different answers
How are schools using Articulate? Do you have any academic examples I can share with my department?
Yes! In fact, just a couple weeks ago, users shared academic examples of courses created in Articulate. Here are some highlights from the discussion.
- Northcentral Technical College (Mike Enders)
- University of Leeds
- Miami University (Janet Hurn)
- University of Houston ( Dr. Brian McFarlin)
- Jefferson County Public Schools (Kentucky)
Conference resources and session presentation page: view and download
View the Heartland E-learning Conference page
Post written by David Anderson