Interactive timelines are a fantastic way to let learners explore history, processes, and important material while presenting that info in context. When you add interactivity to a timeline, you help learners absorb content in chunks, so they don’t feel overwhelmed by facts and data. You help focus their attention on gaining mastery of one piece at a time.
Take a trip through time with these examples (and a few free downloads) that show you how members of the E-Learning Heroes community tackle the challenge of bringing history to life in e-learning.
- Check out this great way to organize info into a clear hierarchy using Articulate Storyline 2. You can try it out yourself by grabbing the free download by Montse Anderson.
- Add a cool, explorable timeline to your next Studio 360 project with this freebie by Allison LaMotte.
- See how you can use animations to catch learners’ attention in this transportation-themed timeline created in Storyline 2 by Renalie Gomez.
- Here’s a neat example by Yogesh Rathore of using a timeline to present a person’s bio and accomplishments using Storyline 2.
- See how Brandon Lynn used a Storyline 2 slider in this timeline to create a cool scrolling effect.
- Grab this Storyline 2 timeline freebie by Alexander Salas to add an interaction with eye-catching transitions to your next project.
- Try adjusting the slider to explore different stages of human development in this science-themed Storyline 2 timeline by Richard Hill.
- Sample another cool application of sliders for interactive timelines. In this history of Australia, created in Storyline 2 by Dianne Hope, learners can explore specific events within each era by adjusting a timeline slider.
See more interactive timeline examples—and share yours!—in this E-Learning Challenge. We’d love to see what you create!