If you're designing an e-learning course, you might be thinking about including a post-course evaluation for your learners to complete once they finish your course.
The post-course eval offers you insight into the participant's reaction to the e-learning and how much they think they learned. The information provided in the post-course evaluation can help you make improvements and changes to your course, so it's definitely an important step!
You might be wondering what questions you should include in your e-learning post-course evaluation, so that end, I compiled this list of over 60 potential questions. You won't use every question, you might not even cover all of these sections, but you can pick and choose the ones that are relevant to your project.
- Rate your understanding of course expectations and assignments
- What topics were you expecting, or would have liked addressed, that were not covered?
- Did the course cover the content you were expecting? Why or why not?
Course Structure and Content
- Rate your understanding of the course course structure
- How consistent was the course content with the objectives?
- How relevant was the subject matter or course content?
- Was the content arranged in a clear and logical way?
- Did the content adequately explain the knowledge, skills and concepts it presented?
- Rate your confidence level for completing the knowledge or skill presented.
- How would you rate the amount of material covered?
- Did you utilize any links to external web sites?
- Did any of the activities help you gain a clearer understanding of the subject?
- Did the use of case studies and scenarios help you gain a clearer understanding of the content?
- Rate the following elements according to how helpful they were to your learning experience (how well these items helped you remember key information: Scenario based content, Quizzes, Exams, Games
- Rate the quality of the examples presented in the e-learning
- What part of the e-learning course did you find most useful and interesting?
- What additional material would you like presented in the course?
- Rate the availability of the instructor via email or online discussion
- I would prefer to have the instructor physically present in the same room with me
- Your opportunity to interact with other virtual students in class discussion
- Rate how isolated you felt from other students
- Rate how much you missed direct, in-person interaction with other students
- Rate your enjoyment of the course
- Rate the course workload
- What are the strengths and weaknesses of this e-learning course?
- Rate the relevancy of assignments, quizzes, and test
- Rate the quality of the questions asked in the quizzes
- Was there enough variety in the types of quizzes?
- Was the quiz feedback timely and relevant?
- Did the quiz feedback present new knowledge?
- Were the quizzes presented in adequate intervals?
- Did the quizzes appropriately test the material presented in the course?
- How could the exams be improved?
- Were the review sections before the quizzes useful?
- Would you prefer to have seen practice questions and to have practice questions posted before an exam?
- Did the practice questions make good learning tools?
- What was the (average) amount of time you spent on this e-learning course?
- How many hours did you spend completed activities related to the course? (Forums, chat rooms, emails, etc.)
- Did you feel the amount of time it took to complete this course was appropriate for this content?
E-Learning Pace and Navigation
- How would you rate the pace at which the e-learning course advanced?
- How would you rate the ease of navigation?
- Did the e-learning unfold in a clear direction?
- Did you understand where you had to click to move forward? If not, why not?
- Rate the e-learning access set up or LMS set up
- Rate the amount of multimedia (audio, video, and animation) used in the course
- Rate the quality of multimedia (audio, video, and animation) used in the course
- Rate the amount of photography used ion the course
- Rate the quality of the photography used in the course
- Rate the amount of audio track used in the course
- Rate the quality of audio used in the course
- Rate the amount of narration used in the course
- Rate the voice and quality of the narration used in this course
- Rate how satisfied you are with the narration in this course
- Did the narration add value to this e-learning module?
- Were the animations posted in the course content useful?
- How can the animations used in the course be improved?
- If you did some group work, did you enjoy working with your group?
- Rate the availability of technical support
- What was the most frustrating technical problem you encountered during the course?
- This e-learning course contained opportunities for interactive learning. Agree or Disagree?
- Was the interactivity were suitable for the content? Why or why not?
- Rate the overall aesthetic of the course content and materials
- What comments do you have about the visual design of the course?
- Rate the legibility of the text and fonts in this course
- Rate the amount of corporate branding (logos, corporate colors) used in the e-learning
- Rate the technical quality of the course materials
- Rate how confident you feel about your knowledge on the subject
- List three important concepts or ideas that you learned in this course
- Identify three ways to improve this e-learning course
- Make two suggestions to improve understanding of the course content
- Would you prefer to take this course online or in the classroom?
- Based on this experience, would you take another e-learning course? Why or why not?
If you feel there are some questions I've left out, please feel free to share them in the comments! If you'd like to know more about post-course evaluations, check out Post-Course Evaluations: What E-Learning Designers Need To Know.
Follow us on Twitter and come back to E-learning Heroes regularly for more helpful advice on everything related to e-learning. If you have any comments, please share them below.