Remove border in Engage 360

Apr 13, 2018

I know it's been asked before, but there doesn't seem to be a solution on removing the border in an Engage 360 interaction. I pointed out the border in the attached image. Has anyone figured this out? I tried editing the color scheme for the interaction and setting media border to none, but neither works.

9 Replies
Crystal Horn

Hi there, Michael.  You're right that you can edit your Engage color scheme and Player properties to reduce external chrome, but the border around the interaction will remain, presently.

Tell me about what you're going to ultimately do with your Engage interaction, and maybe we can brainstorm a solution for you!  In the meantime, if you'd like to see more editing options for the Engage templates, feel free to elaborate here!

Crystal Horn

Ok, I see what you mean, Michael.  Your Engage interaction appears as a separate item from your slides.  It can be included in the slide count in the menu, but it doesn't actually layer on the PowerPoint slide layout.

I created this quick mock up with a smaller size Engage interaction to demonstrate what I mean:

I understand what your need is, though.  In the meantime, would it make sense for you to use Storyline 360 to expand your opportunity to customize the layout?  You could import the existing presentation into Storyline and use markers to achieve the same interaction style.

Thanks for replying back!

Beth Panzini

I see this discussion is over a year old, but I was wondering if anyone has found a way to edit the Engage 360 grey "base border" (what it's called in Storyline) that surrounds the Engage interaction. I would like that border to be either white, to blend in with the white background of my Storyline file it's being imported into, or transparent, so it won't show at all. I've published the Storyline file to see if there was a difference between preview and published, but there wasn't. Attached is a screen grab of what I'm discussing.

I've read through many threads trying to find information about this topic for Engage 360, but have only found this one. I'm hoping that a new Studio upgrade since the last entry to this thread may have solved the problem. Any information would be greatly appreciated

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.