Articulate '09

May 29, 2014

Hello,

Perhaps this is posted somewhere, but I'm unable to find an answer. I need to know how to remove the red lines that appear on some of my slides when I publish them.  Example is attached. 

5 Replies
Christine Hendrickson

Hi Maria,

Welcome to E-Learning Heroes!

I sincerely apologize for the delay in response.

I took a look at the screenshot, but without looking at the actual file, I have no idea what that is. 

First thing I would recommend would be to check your system's DPI settings, since this is happening when you preview. 

Articulate Support - Articulate Presenter '09 DPI support

If you're still having trouble with this, you're welcome to create an Articulate Package and attach it to this thread. If the file isn't too large, it should attach successfully and we'll be able to see what's happening. 

Articulate Support - How to Create an Articulate Package

Please let me know how it goes.

Best,

Christine

Maria Williams

Hi Christine,

Thanks for getting back with me. 

I have Windows 7 and I checked the DPI setting and it was already at 100%.

I opened the How to Create an Articulate Package link you sent and completed those steps.  Please find attached the zip file for your review.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Maria

Christine Hendrickson

Hi Maria,

Thank you very much for sharing the project files.

I didn't see the red lines/objects in the project until I started publishing. When I started publishing I noticed this:

Here's the published version, where you can see all of the red lines.

I pulled all of the slides from the original project into a new Presenter '09/PowerPoint presentation using this method.

I didn't even make it to publishing - even previewing displays the red lines/boxes. 

I saw this happening on multiple slides - but it's really noticeable on the first slide. I cut all of the content off of the slide and previewed, to see if it's something specific to the Master. No red lines appeared, so it looks like it's specific to the content in the slide itself. 

Now, as you can see in that image above the large text "The Art of Verbal Judo" seems to have the biggest issue. I noticed that Word Art has been applied to this text. After clearing the Word Art, the red line around this text is no longer displaying. I did the same for the small text "Police Training Academy". This seems to fix the issue with the red lines on the first slide. It also looks like the Word Art is applied to the Master title/content placeholders. 

I saved both text objects on the first slide as images, replaced the text with these images and previewed. The slide looks much better. I published and tested as well, and it looks good :)

Here's the latest published version - take a look at the first slide.

What you'll want to do is either remove the Word Art from the text on the slides with this issue, or since I realize you probably want to save the styling, save the text as an image and insert the image in place of the text. 

Just in case you want to test it, you can download the modified project here.

Please let me know if this works for you!

Best,

Christine

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.