Customizing the player

Oct 16, 2013

Hi,

I'm needing to customize the Presenter Player. I would like to show thumbnail images of the presentation slides, as a navigation. I'd like them to display horizontally, below the full-size slide image. As far as "customization" of the player, all I see is that I can turn on/off the sidebar and move it to the left or right side.  Is there no functionality to have a thumbnail navigation of the slides??

Please advise.

Thanks

-Karen

3 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Karen and welcome to Heroes! 

There isn't a functionality to include a thumbnail image to use as navigation of the slides. You could create some custom navigation using on screen hyperlinks to other parts of the course, and if you want them to access it in a particular order throughout, you could show say 5 slide images at the bottom - the slide you're on, the two previous slides, and the two next slides? 

Karen Siugzda

Thanks for the reply, Ashley

Unfortunately, that method is too manually time intensive. We have presentations with many, many slides.

I was hoping for an automated option that instead of a text outline of the various jump-points, we could use a sliding set of thumbnails. Would love to suggest that as a feature request for future releases!

We'll have to make due with the sidebar unless I can find some custom templates, but since Presenter '13 is brand new, I'm not having much luck.

Thanks.

-Karen

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.