Drag and Drop free form

Jan 19, 2017

I have a drag and drop set up.  It works pretty well.  Two questions. 

1.  I would like they to have 2 attempts at the test.  I would like all the answers to go back to their original positions instead of moving them around from where they dropped them on the first attempt. How do I tell it to do that?

2. I have 11 drag and drop items.  When I did a preview building it, it worked fine.  However when I did a preview in the Presenter of 3 slides I had only 8 of the 10 answers show on the screen?  Can you explain that?

3 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Hi Debra!

Thanks for sharing the package with me and for having patience while I tested it!

1. For the answers to go back to their original positions after each attempt, you'll want to enable the Retry Quiz button within Results Slide Options on the results slide Failure layer. Since you want to give the user 2 attempts, select "2" from the Retries dropdown. Then, on the actual question slide, you can change the Attempts dropdown to "1". 
  2. I also saw that only 8 out of 11 drag items were shown in Presenter preview. Out of curiosity, I de-selected the "randomize answers" option, and that seemed to fix the issue. If you would like to work with a Support Engineer to troubleshoot that issue further, you can send them the Articulate Package using this form. In the mean time, hopefully the workaround of removing the "randomize answers" option will work for you. :)

Here is a link to the published file so you can test it yourself. Let me know how it works for you!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.