Flash Once in powerpoint 2010

Mar 16, 2011

So i see that the Flash Once animation has been removed in powerpoint 2010.  What are we to do about this"? 

Is there a way to get the same affect using another animations?

I see that old PP 2007 files flash once animations appear in powerpoint 2010 but you cannot add a new one.

Any thoughts on this would be great. Thanks.

6 Replies
TechDiva 95

After seeing Flash Once effect I really wanted to use it to create custom animations (and the effect has been removed in 2010). With some trial and error, I discovered that you can apply those 2007 animations using the Format Painter. First I created a quick 2007 presentation and applied each of the animations effects not included in PPT 2010. Then I opened it in PPT 2010 and saved it as a template for sharing with the community.

To use the template, have your PPT 2010 project open. Next, simply select the PPT 2007 animation you want to use from the template and click Animation Painter. Then, brush the 2007 animation onto your 2010 object with the Animation Painter. The 2007 effect will be applied and the name appears in the Animation group of the Drawing Tools Format Tab.

Hope this helps. I'd love to hear your feedback.

David Tyler

Good ideas.

I select the text I want to flash then make an exact copy and place it directly on top, and change the color to dark blue or red (not necessary)

I use the following animations in this order on my copied version that sits on top, that way the original text can have its own animations:

Appear

Shrink/Grow 140% .5 seconds with previous

Fade .5 seconds with previous

I use this one a lot...

DT

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.