Next Button will not advance to quiz

Jul 30, 2015

I am trying to figure out why my slides are not advancing to the quiz.  I have a regular PP slide before the quiz, and when I click "Next" the course will not advance to the quiz.  I have checked my slide properties and there is no difference between the two slides.  Help!

8 Replies
Christie Pollick

Hi, S C, and welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear you are having issues, but there are a few things we can try first to rule out the causes of some common issues. Please confirm that you are all working locally, and also see this information on Unexpected or Erratic Behavior in Articulate Studio '13. You may also want to run through How to Repair Articulate Studio '13

Please let me know if that helps, and you are welcome to attach your file here or a sample so that we can take a look if issues persist. To share, you will need to use the ADD ATTACHMENT button in the bottom left corner of the reply box in the thread, and you can browse for the file from there. Please also note that if you reply via email, your attachment will not appear here in the thread. Thanks! :)

Sandra Cirone

Thank you Christie.  I am working locally off of my C: drive.  When I try to reinstall, and click "Run Administrator" I don't see an option to "Reinstall".  Is that because the software is already on my computer?  I am using Windows 7. 

I have attached the file below.  Can you take a look and see what might be wrong?  I need to launch this course soon.

Christie Pollick

Hi, S C - 

Thank you for providing your files, and as they are somewhat lengthy, would you be able to specify where/which slides in the presentation you are experiencing the issues? 

And also, I wanted to confirm what you are seeing on your screen regarding Reinstallation. Please check out the screenshot below, and if you are not seeing the same, please provide a screenshot of what is on your screen, if possible:

Sandra Cirone

Thank you, I would be happy to explain.  We can use just one of these files, as the same issue is occuring in both courses.  If you look at file 2015_Annual_Required_Training_-_TCP.pptx5.06 MB, on slide number 67 and 142 is a quiz.  If you go to the prior slide, so slide 66 and 141, and hit the next button, once the course is published, it will not advance from the PP slide (#66 for example) to the quiz slide (#67 for example).

Yes, I did get that window.  And I did a reinstall, but it did not seem to fix my issue.

Christie Pollick

Hi, S C -- Ok, so I published your file, and while I was able to get the Next button to work where you specified, it was my mistake that I did not ask you originally to provide your Articulate Package as specified here. Please create/provide it, and I will retest the published output, which will include your quiz interaction so I can get a better idea of what might be taking place. Thanks so much! :)

Christie Pollick

Hi, S C -- 

Sorry for any confusion. An "Articulate Package" is a zip file that contains a copy of your entire Articulate Presenter project, including the PowerPoint file, the corresponding Articulate (*.ppta) file with audio/video resources, quiz files, and interaction files. This link will outline the steps you need to take in order to provide me with those files. Hope that makes sense! :)

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.