Player settings

Feb 13, 2018

Dear all,

I have two questions regarding the player settings I have been working on for while:

- If I change the slide size in Powerpoint from 4:3 to 16:9, the player does not "fit anymore.

- If I work on the player, the preview on the right never works properly I guess, because it never shows the slide I am working on right now

Does anybody have an idea what I am doing wrong?

Thanks a lot and kind regards

Rebecca

4 Replies
Crystal Horn

Hi there, Rebecca!  Let me see if I can lend a hand.

• When you say that the player "does not fit anymore," are you saying that the course size is too large when you view the published output online?  The player should scale up with the new slide size so that player elements are still visible around the exterior of the course.  A screenshot might help me better understand what you're seeing, if you can attach one!
  • The Player Properties pane shows a preview of how the player will look on all slides, not just the one that you might have been editing last.  Your Preview options at the top will allow you to see what your slides will look like with the player.

Let me know what you think!

Rebecca Jung

Dear Crystal,

thanks for your swift reply. Sorry for not inserting a screenshot in the first place.

Problem 1:

When I say "The player does not fit anymore" I mean this:

After changing the slide size from 4:3 to 16:9, suddenly a grey background is visible.

However, the project should look like this when using the size 4:3. Unfortunately, I have no idea how to adjust the player here.

Problem 2:

After clicking on "Player" and "Menu" the preview on the right side of the screen never changes - no matter which slide I click on in the menu:

Here, for example, I could click on slide/chapter 5 "Lernziele" but the actual slide/Interaction would not be shown on the right side.

Thanks for your support

Rebecca

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Rebecca,

For your first two screenshots, it looks like you're trying to use an Engage slide inside your Presenter course? Articulate Engage interactions are fixed in a 4:3 aspect ratio. If your PowerPoint slides aren't in a 4:3 aspect ratio, embedded interactions will be centered on the slides rather than fill them.

Articulate Presenter supports custom slide sizes, but Articulate Engage dimensions are fixed at 720 pixels wide by 540 pixels high. As a result, interactions in Presenter may not fill the slide. If your PowerPoint dimensions are anything other than 10 inches wide by 7.5 inches high, embedded interactions will be centered on the slide and, if necessary, scaled down to fit within the slide. So that would account for the grey bars on the slide. 

It looks like you're viewing the player preview in that 3rd screenshot - and in that set up you won't see the slide image change. You'll want to preview the entire course to see the whole set up. 

Crystal Horn

Hi Rebecca! 

Problem 1:
It looks like you might have an Engage interaction in your presentation.  Does that sound right?  You can customize the slide size in Presenter, but Engage '13 is a fixed size.  The Engage interaction will be centered in the player when you reach that point in the presentation.  The rest of your content slides should show as the right size.

Problem 2: 
What you're seeing is the Player preview, so it will not show the different slides' content in that view.  If you'd like to see what your slides look like with the Player, you can do a normal Preview:

Let me know if that doesn't make sense with your project!  Also, feel free to share your Articulate Package for me to have a closer look to confirm.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.