Presenter 09 compatible PowerPoint 2013?

Apr 08, 2013

Hi. Is that the suite Presenter 09 is compatible with PowerPoint 2013?

Thank you

20 Replies
Christine Hendrickson

Welcome to the community, Lyor.

I'm afraid not, Office '13 is not supported for Studio '09. Are you unable to use a previous version of Office, perhaps even on a different machine? Sounds like you may be in a tight situation, if that's the case, maybe this would enable you to continue to work with the project. 

I'm sorry I'm not able to provide any tips to get this working for you with that version of Office. 

El Ben

Christine Hendrickson said:

Welcome to the community, Lyor.

I'm afraid not, Office '13 is not supported for Studio '09. Are you unable to use a previous version of Office, perhaps even on a different machine? Sounds like you may be in a tight situation, if that's the case, maybe this would enable you to continue to work with the project. 

I'm sorry I'm not able to provide any tips to get this working for you with that version of Office. 

Hi Christine,

So finally was able to install PowerPoint 2010 alongside Office 2013. However now the Articulate buttons in 2010 don't respond. They are all visible, but when i click on them nothing happens. Would this have anything to do with having both versions of PowerPoint installed?

GLENDA CLARE

I already own Articulate Studio '09.  The fact that it is on my computer is preventing me from using powerpoint 2013. I am not interested in buying a new version of articulate since I rarely use the version that I have. I am just beginning to use. It. I'm beginning to feel like it was a waste of money to purchase powerpoint 2013.  I can only use it if I inactivate articulate studio. How can I get a copy of articulate. It was downloaded directly onto my computer without a back up copy.? HELP!

Christine Hendrickson

Hi DrGlenda,

Currently, the Studio '13 version that will be compatible with Office 2013, isn't available yet. In order to use PowerPoint with Articulate Studio '09, you'll need to have Office 2010, or any of the other supported versions installed. 

I'm a little confused by your statement about getting a copy of the software. Are you just looking to download another copy of the Presenter or Studio application? If so, you can download any of our Studio products from this page

James Hinkle

El,

I have a similar problem. I use Office 365 and was recently upgraded to Office 2013. Because of this, my Office 2010 applications show as Unlicensed Products on my main computer. I have both versions (2010 and 1013) installed but most functionality no longer works in 2010 products. I have not installed the upgrade on my backup machine so I can use it. I will have to move all my files to the backup machine (I have over 100 courses that I edit) because Articulate does not play well with files located on another computer on the network.

If you have Office 365, you might see if you can uninstall the 2013 applications and have the 2010 work again. This will work until April 2014 at which time Microsoft will no longer allow those of us with the Office 365 license to use Office 2010 products. Maybe Articulate will have the next version of Studio ready by then but based on the time it took for Storyline to come out, I will have to purchase a copy of Office 2010 in order to keep using Articulate or move to another solution. I do have Storyline but all these courses were built with Studio and I do not own them so cannot make the move to Storyline.

Good luck.

Phil Mayor

James Hinkle said:

El,

I have a similar problem. I use Office 365 and was recently upgraded to Office 2013. Because of this, my Office 2010 applications show as Unlicensed Products on my main computer. I have both versions (2010 and 1013) installed but most functionality no longer works in 2010 products. I have not installed the upgrade on my backup machine so I can use it. I will have to move all my files to the backup machine (I have over 100 courses that I edit) because Articulate does not play well with files located on another computer on the network.

If you have Office 365, you might see if you can uninstall the 2013 applications and have the 2010 work again. This will work until April 2014 at which time Microsoft will no longer allow those of us with the Office 365 license to use Office 2010 products. Maybe Articulate will have the next version of Studio ready by then but based on the time it took for Storyline to come out, I will have to purchase a copy of Office 2010 in order to keep using Articulate or move to another solution. I do have Storyline but all these courses were built with Studio and I do not own them so cannot make the move to Storyline.

Good luck.

As far as I understand it and I hope Christine jumps in here, Studio 13 will not work with office 365 because it is the click to run version

Rachel Leigh

@Phil

Correct, Studio ('09 and '13) will not run with click-to-run versions of Office. 

@Rachel

You know what? That's a great question. I've been so excited about the others that I hadn't even thought of the Encoder. 

I will ask around and see if I can get any details on that. 

Thanks!

Thanks Chris!
Christine Hendrickson

Hi Rachel,

Just wanted to get back to you about your question on the Video Encoder. I received some responses to my inquiry and it looks like Video Encoder will not be included with Studio '13. This is because the actual features of the encoder will be integrated into the software, much like Storyline, so there really won't be a need for a separate application. 

I'm excited about this :D

Thanks so much for asking about this, Rachel!

Chris

Rachel Leigh

Hi Rachel,

Just wanted to get back to you about your question on the Video Encoder. I received some responses to my inquiry and it looks like Video Encoder will not be included with Studio '13. This is because the actual features of the encoder will be integrated into the software, much like Storyline, so there really won't be a need for a separate application. 

I'm excited about this

Thanks so much for asking about this, Rachel!

Chris

Thanks Chris!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.