Publishing Problems

Feb 09, 2012

I am experiencing days worth of the same issues and re-dos for updating my ppt deck.  It is 88 pages with lots of graphics and a few Engage interactions.  I use PowerPoint 2007 and Studio 9.  Everytime I update the Engage interactions, the system generates a new ppa file.  The previous ones are auto named -old.ppa or -old1.ppa, etc.  With the new ppa file I am loosing edits and voice over when I publish.  I am working locally to develop as well as publish.  My output publishing name does not exceed 260 characters.  Any help would be appreciated.

3 Replies
Peter Anderson

Welcome to Heroes, Kathryn!

Sorry for the trouble you're experiencing. Have you tried to restore your audio by following these steps from this helpful article?:

In the event that an -old.ppta file is generated, you can easily reconnect it with your PowerPoint file, which will restore your missing audio resources.  Here’s how:

1. Close PowerPoint.
  2. Rename or delete the new (empty) PPTA file to break its link with the PowerPoint file.
  3. Ensure that the PowerPoint file and the original PPTA file (i.e., the -old.ppta file) are located in the same folder.
  4. Remove “-old” from the PPTA file name, so that it has the same file name as the corresponding PowerPoint file.

As long as the PowerPoint file and the original PPTA file are located in the same folder and have the same file name, they will re-link, and your audio will be restored.

If you continue to experience the issue though, please create an Articulate Presenter package, then upload the zip file to our server. You can review how to do this here: 

Send to Articulate Presenter Package – Articulate Presenter ’09 Help

Upload the resulting zip file from your computer to our server using this upload form: 

Articulate Support - Upload Your Files for Review 

Please be sure to include a description of your issue, your version of PowerPoint, version of Windows and version of Presenter '09, which you can find in Help and Support -> About Articulate Presenter. Please also include the URL for this thread so I can follow up with you personally in the forums. And feel free to come back and leave your case number here so I can keep a close eye on it. Thanks!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.