publishing to LMS

Feb 19, 2014

Hi,

Just tried publishing to LMS for the first time since I've gotten '13. When it finished publishing and clicked the "View presentation" button, the browser opens up but nothing appears in the browser.

BTW I'm using Internet Explorer 8.

Suggestions??!

5 Replies
Leslie McKerchie

Hi Vivi!

Brian is right, be sure that you are viewing your published content as your learner would.

If you view published Articulate Presenter content on your local hard drive or send it to someone else to view on their local hard drive, you'll encounter security restrictions from the computer, web browser, Flash Player, and network that'll cause various features to fail. To test your content and share it with others, you'll need to upload it to the environment for which it was published. Here's how.

Mark Rinehart

I am experiencing the same problem using Articulate '09 to publish for our LMS system.  With the content published and located on our LMS Server, accessing the index_lms.html brings up Internet Explorer 9 in my case but a white screen where normally the content would be.  This has only started within the past 5 -6 weeks as courses I created before that time period published as advertized. 

Other noted items:

1.  modules created earlier this year that I published worked okay, now if I publish them again the IE 9 blank or white screen appears.

2.  give my content to another coworker who publishes it on their PC and copies it to or LMS server - it works AND it works from my PC also.

I have reinstalled the 09 Studio software and the problem persists.  There is something isolated to my specific PC.  Just not sure what at this point in time.

Mark Rinehart

Hi Leslie,

My co-worker has the same laptop model as I do.  He is able to publish without a problem, I on the other hand....not.  I seriously doubt that it is Articulate nor our process regarding how we publish to our LMS system.  We both published my module simulatiously and his publication of my content works and my does not.  I believe it is isolated to my PC.  Is there any OTHER program that Articulate uses or references that could be the problem...i.e  Internet Explorer setting, ActiveX, Java....something else.....?  It is possible that one of those programs got updated and induced my problem.  Like I said, all has been working great until about 2 weeks ago. None of my processes have changed regarding publishing and articulate has not changed.......

I am able to view all of my previously published content without incident.  Now get this......if I were to publish content that was published earlier this year and runs flawlessly, it does not after publishing it today.  I use the same process I have used for years.  I click on the index_lms.html, IE 9 opens, white area where the content should be loading displays.  It's like the index_lms.html is not calling up the player.html as the code tells it to. 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.