Quizmaker issue

Dec 18, 2017

Hi all,

We have encountered an issue with 1 of our eLearning courses.

Medication calculations was originally built in Studio 13, we converted it earlier this year to Studio 360 with no issues. I am in the process of updating the content again and there is a problem with the quiz.

Here is the course structure:

We have 3 separate quizzes in this course

All quizzes have the following settings: -

All built in quiz maker
Quiz 1 pass mark: - 80% with 1 attempt. Quiz 2 and 3 are 100% with 1 attempt
Show users score
Show passing score
Allow user to review quiz/show correct incorrect answers
User can not view slides after quiz until “passing the quiz”
I have the quiz tracking to final quiz in the published LMS output

Quiz names: -

Quiz 1: - Generic knowledge
Quiz 2: - Intravenous flow quiz
Quiz 3: - Intravenous dose

So, the user must complete each quiz before moving to the next quiz. This is working for quiz 1. If you try to go past without completing a notification box pops up stating “You must complete the quiz before progressing”. This is perfect. Quiz 2 the user can be skip the entire quiz without completing it which is not what we want, users MUST complete this before progressing to quiz 3.

So, I skipped to quiz 3 and completed the quiz and FAILED, to my surprise no result slide appeared telling me I had failed. I then PASSED the quiz and no result slide appeared either.  It came up with a notification stating the following: - “You must pass the quiz in order to continue”. As the user only has 1 attempt why is this notification coming up and not the results FAIL or PASS slide?

I have tested it in SCORM cloud and have attached the link below: -https://cloud.scorm.com/sc/guest/ViewDebugLog?logId=0981519e-730c-4145-a3c6-12c31741fba1&courseTitle=Med+Calculations

I have redeveloped this course, imported the quiz questions from the old course and I am still encountering this issue. I am at a lost as to what to do now. I have packaged up our course should you wish to look at it.

We are working on the local C drive. What I did notice was this appeared to be an issue after the last software update to Studio 360.

Would anyone please be able to assist?

Cheers

Jill

5 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Thanks for sharing your file with me, Gillian! I did some testing and saw some buggy behavior in the HTML5 output, and my hunch is that you were viewing that version of the published file.

I'd like our Support Engineers to help me with some more testing so we can try and get to the bottom of this. As soon as we have more to share, we'll reach out to you via email!

Gillian Lugg

Hi Alyssa,

Thanks for arranging someone to help with this issue. Rowie Barcelona kindly emailed me on the 8th Jan with some additional questions which I responded to on my return to work on the 18th Jan. I have sent a follow-up email and have received no further correspondence. I was wondering if someone could please assist us as this is an essential course requiring completion by our Nursing workforce. The case number is: - 01196681.

I work for Government, so I am not sure if my emails are just not reaching Rowie due to our firewalls.

Many thanks

Jill

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.