Transitions into and out-of quizzes are jumpy (cut to zoomed in, then transition) in Articulate Presenter 360

Mar 17, 2019

Hi, this is an issue I've experienced consistently--whenever I have a quiz in a Presenter presentation, the transition is jumpy both going from the regular slides to the quiz AND back out of the quiz to the regular slides.  I have tried with different types of transitions on the slides, within the quizzes, both, and NONE--but I always experience the same glitchy result: the current slide's image suddenly zooms in to about 130% (focused on the upper left), then the programmed transition (none, fade, or otherwise) completes from that zoomed version of the slide.

Why is this happening?  Surely others are experiencing this issue... Is a fix in the works?

Thanks,

12 Replies
Crystal Horn

Hello Jonathan. I haven't heard about this issue before, but let's take a closer look. 

• Is there any difference in slide size between the Presenter slides and the Quizmaker slides?
  • Are there any player feature differences between the two, besides the Submit button?

You can always share your Articulate Package for me to test, too! You can share it publicly here, or send it to me privately by uploading it here. I'll delete it when I'm done troubleshooting.

Jonathan Vetter

Hi Crystal,

Just getting back to this issue after months of other business.  I did try adjusting the slide size--which wasn't a match--but even after matching them, we are still experiencing the issue on ALL of our Presenter courses: there is a brief zoom on the transition INTO and OUT of all quizzes.  Here is a link to our example course where you can see the issue on the transition into and out of the 2nd slide.

http://vettersolutions.com/Sample-e-Course/presentation_html5.html

I'm also including the presenter files as an attachment here.  If you can help me figure out how to make this problem stop, I'd really appreciate it.  Thanks!

Jonathan Vetter

Hi Vincent,

Thank you for opening a support case!

I have been in contact with support--we're still working on tracking down the real issue though.  Support says they fixed the problem by changing the survey question to a graded question.  However, I still don't think that gets to the root, because we've experienced this issue often (mostly actually) with graded questions in other courses.  It makes me wonder if it's actually something different about my system (or version of Powerpoint?) that's the issue.

Jonathan Vetter

Thanks Leslie!  For some reason I can't seem to respond directly to Christopher's emails.  I'm going to paste my latest responses here:

Hi Christopher,

Thank you for your continued attention to this issue. It really just keeps coming up again and again in every one of our presenter courses with a quiz and is quite frustrating.

I downloaded the .zip file and unpackaged it.... however, the file structure doesn't lend itself to producing a complete course on my system. There is NO .ppta file in the package anywhere that I can see--and certainly not in the same folder as the .pptx file as it should be. So, when I tried to publish, I only got the screenshot of the placeholder for the quizmaker quiz, there is no synced narration, etc.

Then, I put the Quizmaker files into the same folder as the .pptx file and the (newly generated by my system) .ppta file and was able to generate the SCORM package (using html5 ONLY) including the quizzes. It is still performing with the same glitch, however it flashes very quickly because this presentation uses simple 'jump'/'no-transition' transitions. We want to use the fade transitions--and regardless, the zoom issue still occurs: both coming into and exiting a quiz.

I am attaching the SCORM package here. Maybe this can help you track down the problem?

Thank You,

Hi Christopher,

I also performed all of the repair steps in the article mentioned above--to no avail. The course still publishes with the same zoom glitch.

Best,

Ren Gomez

Hi Francie,

Thanks for the follow-up! I'm sorry to hear you're also running into this bug we have reported in Studio 360 where: 

Slide zooms in before jumping to a quiz slide if the quiz slide contains an image.

I see my teammate, Jose, confirmed this in your case after he reviewed your file and shared how he worked around it by removing the images.