Unable to Publish

Jun 03, 2013

I keep receiving this error when I try to publish in Presenter.  I have been able to package and save a PPTA file.  I have Microsoft Office Professional 2010 and my other coworkers also use this program. 

Any help? I have just started using Articulate for the first time.

9 Replies
Christine Hendrickson

Hi there Stephana. Welcome to the community!

Can you verify that you're using the 32-bit installation of Office 2010? 

Microsoft released a 32-bit and a 64-bit version of Office 2010. Microsoft recommends installing the 32-bit version, and Articulate Presenter '09 will only work with the 32-bit version. Presenter '09 also will not work with the Click To Run version of PowerPoint 2010. For more information, please review the following article:

Which version of Office 2010 should I install, 32-bit or 64-bit?

Here's a short video that shows how to determine which version you're running:

Thanks!

Stephana Gaudin

Actually, I'm not sure I have click to, run.  I just checked under powerpoint help and didn't see click to run, as it says I would HERE - http://www.articulate.com/support/kb_article.php?product=ap9&id=c4op9nc4wq1x.

Is there another way to check if I have click to run?  I am able to make a PPTA file when packaging, so that's why I wasn't sure if that was the issue.

Phil Mayor

Stab in the dark here but I notice you do not have the ribbon in focus, are you choosing publish from the articulate ribbon or publish in the file menu, this publishes to the slide library which is a feature that need ppt 2010 professional plus.

To publish for Presenter you must you the button on the Articulate ribbon, if you are sorry

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.