Articulate Quizmaker 13

Jul 08, 2015

Hello everyone!

I have a frustrating issue on my hand...I can't seem to launch any existing quizzes in my powerpoing using QM13.  I'm at work and we use Presenter 13 with QM and Engage 13.

Whenever I try to add an exisiting quiz (from my hard drive) I get the following message: "unable to inser the selected quiz...if this quiz is already open in ARticulate Quizmaker, please close the quiz and reinsert it"...but it's not open anywhere.  I'm also getting a message that there are no updates available since I thought it might be an upgrade issue...any suggestions or ideas would be so great. 

Thank you very much! 

3 Replies
Christie Pollick

Hi, Sandra -- Sorry to hear of the issues you are experiencing.

Can you give this a try and let us know if it resolves the issue, depending on your version of Microsoft Windows?:  

WINDOWS 7 / VISTA: 

1)  Go to Start > All Programs > Accessories > Run.

2)  Copy and paste the following line of text into the Run dialog, and click OK: %appdata%

3)  In the window that opens, right-click the folder named "Articulate", and select Properties. 
4)  Deselect the Read-Only check box, and click Apply. 
5)  When prompted to "Apply changes to this folder, subfolders, and files", click OK. 
6)  Click OK again to close the Properties dialog. 
 WINDOWS XP AND PRIOR: 
1)  Go to Start > Run.
2)  Copy and paste the following line of text into the Run dialog, and click OK: %appdata%

3)  In the window that opens, right-click the folder named "Articulate", and select Properties. 
4)  Deselect the Read-Only check box, and click Apply. 
5)  When prompted to "Apply changes to this folder, subfolders, and files", click OK. 
6)  Click OK again to close the Properties dialog.
In addition, you may have already tried this, but for good measure, have you tried completely rebooting your machine? 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.