LMS reporting

Apr 15, 2015

Hi

I'm new to articulate, but so far I find it quite easy to use.

One problem though, my LMS users require both Complete/Incomplete and Failed/Passed status.

That is not possible with the four selections.

Any thoughts on that?

Help is much appreciated

BR

Michael

5 Replies
Bob S

Hi Michael,

If I am understanding you correctly, you have different clients with different LMSs. As a result you need courses that are compatible with all of them.  If that is the situation then you are in luck....

One of the great things about Articulate is that it's incredibly easy to create one course then simply republish it with the appropriate tracking settings needed for different LMSs. Literally a few key strokes and you can have all the versions you need.

Hope this helps and good luck!

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Michael,

It looks like Bob has you covered here, but let us know if we're misunderstanding. As a reminder, when publishing Articulate Storyline content to a learning management system (LMS), you have four reporting options from which to choose:

• Passed/Incomplete
  • Passed/Failed
  • Completed/Incomplete
  • Completed/Failed

Many LMSs track both a completion status and a success status. To report both statuses, choose either Passed/Incomplete or Passed/Failed when publishing Storyline content. Completed/Incomplete and Completed/Failed report only the completion status.

Michael Aistrup Nielsen

Thanks for your responses.

My LMS has both the Complete/Incomplete status and Failed/Passed status.

To be able to search correctly on the status of the users, it would be nice to see all 4 status parameters.

I'm untill now a trial user on the Articulate Studio 13 platform, but thinking of switching to try Storyline 2 instead, before purchasing a license.

/Michael

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Glad we were able to point you in the right direction. I haven't heard of an LMS with both set ups as you mentioned - but you can only publish with one option as detailed above. 

You're welcome to trial both and if you have any questions about the differences, our Sales team would be happy to answer or walk you through both of them. 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.