Question Numbering in Quizmaker 2013

May 22, 2014

I'm really saddened by the fact there is no option to add question numbers to quizzes in Quizmaker 2013.  I know there is the question listing option, but this doesn't really work in all scenarios.

Does anyone know if there is a way to leverage a built-in variable to add the question number in the question layout in master slides?  For example, insert a text box with %QuestionNumber% of %NumberofQuestions%.

We are using the %Results.ScorePercent% on the Results slide.  I'm just wondering if there is a similar variable we can use for the question number and number of questions.

Also, does anyone know where we can find a list of these built-in variables in Quizmaker for customizations?

Thanks in advance,

Brian

7 Replies
Brian Cheatham

Is there anyone from Articulate support or development who has any suggestions?  No option for question numbers is a huge hole in the Quizmaker 2013 product in my opinion.

Also, does anyone know where we can find a list of these built-in variables in Quizmaker for further customization?

Thanks in advance,

Brian

Leslie McKerchie

Hi Brian and welcome to E-Learning Heroes!

The closest option would be to use the "Question List" option in the Quizmaker '13 player options. This will not number the questions, but it will give learners a better idea of where they are and how many questions there are in the quiz. 

Another option would be to modify the name of the question to include a number. Of course, if you're randomizing questions, this probably won't work for your project.

If you'd like to see additional options in Quizmaker '13, please let our development team know.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.