Quizmaker 2013 - Player properties

Jun 08, 2014

In Quizmaker 2009:

1. The question number appeared at the top of each slide for each question i.e. Question 1 appeared at the top of the slide that contained Question 1, Question 2 appeared at the top of the slide that contained Question 2 etc. [I don't want all questions to appear in a drop down menu at the top of each slide]; and
  2. The point value appeared at the top of each slide for each question e.g. Point Value: 1; and
  3. I could change the colour of the "Submit" button to any colour I wanted. 

I can't see how I can incorporate any of the 3 features described above when I create a quiz using Quizmaker 2013 i.e. I have considered the various options under "Player Properties" in Quizmaker 2013 - however, I can't find the options that allow me to incorporate these features.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Jon    

2 Replies
Christine Hendrickson

Hi Jon,

The question number appeared at the top of each slide for each question i.e. Question 1 appeared at the top of the slide that contained Question 1, Question 2 appeared at the top of the slide that contained Question 2 etc. [I don't want all questions to appear in a drop down menu at the top of each slide]; and

This is actually a pretty popular topic at the moment. The option to display question numbers was not included with Studio '13. 

The closest option would be to use the "Question List" option in the Quizmaker '13 player options. This will not number the questions, but it will give learners a better idea of where they are and how many questions there are in the quiz. 

Another option would be to modify the name of the question to include a number. Of course, if you're randomizing questions, this probably won't work for your project.

If you'd like to see additional options in Quizmaker '13, please let our development team know.

The point value appeared at the top of each slide for each question e.g. Point Value: 1; and

Point value *display in the player itself was not included in the new version of Quizmaker '13. Here's how to customize the new quiz player in Articulate Quizmaker '13. I'd recommend including this in your request if you'd like to see this type of feature in the new version. 

I could change the colour of the "Submit" button to any colour I wanted. 

You can certainly change the color of the "Submit" button, and almost any other element in Quizmaker '13's player. 

I'd recommend keeping this helpful guide on hand:

Quizmaker '13 Player Colors

And this tutorial should help you with changing the color of the "Submit" button:

Changing the Player Colors and Font

I hope this information helps!

Best,

Christine

Jon Greenheld

Hi Christine

Thanks for your very quick reply.

I have determined how to change the colour of the "Submit" button to the colour I want (without changing the colour of the other elements).

I'm not sure why it was decided to remove the option of allowing the Question number and the Point Value to appear on each slide in Quizmaker 2013 i.e. surely most users would want this fundamental information to appear.

I can incorporate this information in the content of each slide - however, I would then need to edit the numbers if I add or delete questions and, as you have noted above, the numbers will not be sequential if the questions are randomised.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.