Quizmaker 360 suddenly turns yellow

Jan 02, 2017

Don't know why but just as I was editing a quiz, I closed it, and then went to reopen it and just as I did, Articulate Quizmaker turned yellow.  All the text on the thumbnail got highlighted.  Don't know why and it probably doesn't affect anything critical as the student will never, should never, see the title of the quizmaker slide as we do... anyway, check out the image. Odd.  My guess might be a memory issue but I have 32 Gb of ram and not a lot open.

11 Replies
Jim Powell

Windows 7 professional 32 gb of ram.  You know what also happens from time to time with presenter 13 is all the text on the slide title page (just like this one) instead of turning yellow will duplicate itself, so that all the text that you see on that page (that is now highlighted yellow) actually pastes over itself and only slightly offset.  It's happened hundreds of times over the years (I've gone through probably 8 computers in the period), but doesn't impact me because th student never seeis this screen.  The turning yellow thing was new.

I'll update this post if I ever see it again. Thanks.

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Thanks Jim - both of those are scenarios I haven't seen and can't determine a way to replicate it. The text duplicating could be an easy enough if it was all selected and used the CTRL + D keystroke by accident? I know I get working pretty fast and hide panels or cut items off a slide all the time...fast moving and less than accurate fingers. :-) 

If you see it again and can determine any way to reproduce the behavior please feel free to let us know. You may want to respond in this forum discussion or feel free to connect with our Support Engineers here. 

Jim Powell

Actually I figured out how to replicate it:

1. Upgrade a presentation from 2013 to Presenter 360
  2. Go in and edit a quiz, when you exit (at least for me) that's when it turns yellow.

I've done this several times now.
  3. (Try NOT saving the file first -- just upgrade and jump right in to a quiz.  I'm not sure if that makes a difference or not).
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Jim,

I just tested this out on my end, and I still didn't see anything go yellow. I tried saving prior to working in Quizmaker and not saving, all with the same results of a seamless process. I was using Powerpoint 2013 - just in case you've got a different Powerpoint version, I can try to have one of my colleagues check that too.

Jim Powell

Powerpoint 2010.  I wonder if some of my vexing issues with Presenter might disappear (such as some critical hyperlinks not working -- that's still not resolved) when upgrading from Presenter 13 to 360.  I hate upgrading office when I don't have to as there are so many unknown unknowns.  But maybe I'll try to do that on a different machine. thanks.

Anyway, this issue isn't a huge problem for me, nobody sees those slides that turn the text to yellow highlight.  Just file it away and maybe someone else will come up with the same bug.

Jim Powell

The yellow quizmaker bug is actually turning into a helpful tool because I can now tell when I've edited something in Quizmaker 360 because it turns the slide yellow when I load it in 360 and upgrade the course.  It doesn't display that way to the student, otherwise it'd be a real problem.

So, the steps for me are load Presenter 13 file.

double-click quizmaker 13 slide

presenter 360 asks "upgrade?"

Say yes, and "Upgrade" it.

When done the quizmaker slide you were working on (and only that one) changes color to yellow

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.