Quizmaker and Storyline 360

Jan 22, 2018

Does anybody know if it's possible to create a link between quizmaker and storyline 360. For instance when a question gets updated in quizmaker, that storyline automatically updates the questions when opening the story file? 

Or even better, the other way around as well. If a question gets updated in storyline can it update the *.quiz file? 

Kind regards, 

Harold

4 Replies
Katie Riggio

Hi Harold,

While there is no function that automatically syncs over all project changes made in Storyline to Quizmaker (and vice versa) available at this time, I'd still love to let our team know about this idea!

If I may pick your brain for a bit –  would you mind telling me a little more about why that particular function would come in handy for you? Also, what type of scenario(s) would you use it in?

Harold Lentink

Katie,

Thanks for your quick response. I don't know yet on how much storyline files we would like to create, how large they will become and how many questions we will add to the storyline files. But lets assume that we are creating about 40-100 scormfiles, and each of these files will contain 5-10 questions. then we are talking about 200-400 questions at least. Some questions might be used over different scorm packages by reusing them depending on the discussed matter. And then I'm not even talking about the fact that in the end we will create at least 5 different languages, which makes it even more complicated. 

We simply don't like checking all of these storyfiles whether a question is used in this storyfile. If a question needs to be updated I would think it would be a great feature if the question gets updated in quizmaker that a storyline file would update this at least on opening of the storyfile. It would be even more prefect that if I alter the question in the Storyfile, storyline would ask me if I wanted it to be updated in the quizmaker files as well. 

Since Quizmaker and Storyline are both Articulate files to me this seems to be a logical descision to make. This way it would be a lot easier to prefend different versions of certain questions. 

Hope this gives you an idea of my thoughts and where I'm coming from. 

Kind regards 

Harold

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.