Articulate Courses launches and gets stuck on slide 100 of 160

Aug 26, 2014

Hello, We are running an articulate course on a Taleo Learn enviornment that was inserted into the Learn system via scorm file from an FTP server. Upon launching the course once inserted the course gets stuck on a page "Slide 100 of 160" with the course player not functioning or progressing the course further than "Slide 100 of 160". Is there anything we can do to resolve this issue? Thank you in advance for any help you may be able to provide.

7 Replies
Leslie McKerchie

Hi Ramiro and welcome to E-Learning Heroes!

If your published Articulate Presenter output plays properly on your local computer but won't load after you've uploaded it to your web server or web site, then it's likely that the XML files were corrupted during the upload process.

A common symptom in the Articulate Player is to see "SLIDE 100 of 160 PRESENTATION COMPLETE" in the seekbar.

To correct this behavior, either use the FTP upload feature of Articulate Presenter, or set your FTP application to upload files as binary. Uploading the XML files in ASCII or Auto mode may cause corruption.

It's also important to maintain the directory structure of your published content.

If you experience similar issues with content loaded in an LMS, the issue may be related to the specific version of Java Runtime Environment you have installed. Please see this KB article for more information.

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Ramiro and welcome to Heroes!

Is this a Storyline course or a Studio course - as this query was posted in the Replay forms. Have you tried playing your course in another web server or LMS to see if it's connected to how Taleo is loading the course? There are a few web servers you could use mentioned in this article, and if you're in need of a testing LMS I'd recommend SCORM Cloud as it's a free industry standard for testing SCORM Content. Also, I'd check into what browser and flash version you're using to access the course - you'll want to review the system requirements here.

Please let us know if you're able to check into these elements and how the course behaves.

Ramiro Moreno

Thank you for your posts. I highly appreciate the information. I am not sure what type of Articulate software was used to create the course. The person who created the course is no longer here so we do not have alot of history on how the course was created. We played the course on Scorm cloud with the same result. Also I understand from Leslie's post that the XML file is corrupted when uploaded. I am not sure how we would incorporate the FTP Upload feature of Articulate presenter with Taleo Learn. Also I am not sure if setting the upload files as binary on our FTP site would effect other Articulate courses that currently do not have any issues playing on Taleo Learn. Also is the Java runtime enviormnent a local setting? The reason for my question is because we have employees stationed around the world and we would like a resolution that would help this course be able to play on the Taleo Learn platform for all who access anywhere they may be in the world. Thank you agian for your help.

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Ramiro,

The information Leslie shared in regards to uploading the FTP content would be from the Presenter software itself, so you wouldn't be able to follow those directions using the published output, especially if you're uncertain what software it was created in.

The Java setting would be a local setting for each user, unless you're able to work with your LMS to update it to include more versions. I'd suggest as a next step to connect with your Taleo Learn LMS team for additional troubleshooting.

Ramiro Moreno

Ashley,

One suggestion that I was given was to run the Articulate updater for Flash Player 10 to fix the files that are having the Slide 100 of 160 issue.  I figured this was worth a shot.  However I am having issues with running this program on my computer.  Do you know where I can get support for this updater?   Have you had any new information on how I can resolve this issue?  I contacted our LMS team however being as this is a content issue they are stating that they are not responsible for older content playing on their system.  Any help is greatly appreciated.  Thank you!

Ramiro Moreno

Hey there Ashley,

My apologies for my delay.  We see that this issue is not exclusive to IE10 or IE11.  The suggestion was more on the flashplayer side where the Articulate updater would update the FTP files to be able to be played on the newer versions of flashplayer.  I have installed the Articulate Updater for FlashPlayer 10 however it is not working giving me an error message stating that "A problem caused the program to stop working correctly.  Please close the program" when I try and open the Updater.  

Thanks Ashley for your patience and sticking with me.  I highly appreciate your efforts in helping me with my issue.  Thank you!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.