Customizing Replay 360 Lower Third

Oct 16, 2017

Hello all,

Is there a way to customize the lower third animation and/or static templates? I'd like to be able to vary that for different purposes or updating the look from time to time.

Thanks,

--Allen

26 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Hey Allen,

Thanks for reaching out! Can you tell me more about the customization options you'd like to see? Although this isn't something you can do in Replay 360 currently, we're always looking for new ideas. Customer input is extremely valuable in that process, so thanks for letting us know how we can make things better!

Katie Riggio

Hello Luc,

Thanks for contributing your insight!

We're still monitoring requests for more customization options with lower thirds so I'll share your comment with my team. 

For now, could bringing the Replay project into Storyline work for you? That way, you can overlay an object with your preferred formatting:

Craig Hayward

Hi there, I'd like to add one more facet to this discussion. I produce screencasts for the public and for staff. One of the things that is important, particularly for our organization, since we are a library that serves low vision people, is the ability to change the colors and such of the lower third captions to make them have higher contrast ratios and such. We have to have something that is accessible, not just for blindness. hearing issues, motor issues (keyboard access) but also low vision issues. Even the implementation of something like a high contrast mode (where you can put yellow on a black background) would be welcomed. If you all have a commitment to accessibility, then you should allow more flexibility in this area so that we all can make our materials more accessible to the greatest extent possible.

Jose Tansengco

Hi Gareth, 

We're still monitoring requests for more customization options with lower thirds in Replay 360, so I added your voice to the feature request that we already have open. You can check out which features are being worked on by visiting our roadmap, and here's a quick look at how we handle feature requests. We'll let you know as soon as we have an update! 

Randy Walker

I came here looking for this too. This would be a great feature to have.

It seems like Replay 360 is a dead-end product. There have been no new features since its release almost 6 years ago. There hasn't even been a new release since January of last year. It feels like a box-checking product: "Yeah, we have a screen recorder and video editor".