Zoom feature?

Aug 14, 2017

Is there a way to zoom in and our or highlight objects in replay?

5 Replies
Ali Goulet

Hey Alexandria! 

Do you need to zoom in on the timeline in Replay, or do you need to zoom in on the video itself?  Zooming the timeline is covered in this article.  

You won't be able to zoom in on objects within videos themselves using Replay but I could see that being a really handy feature! Would you mind sharing your thoughts directly with our team over here?

If you're curious, here's a little information on how we manage feature requests.

Are you incorporating the video into a Storyline project?  If so, you could use the zoom region tool in Storyline.

Let me know if you have further questions! 

Derek Chang

Crystal,

I have followed your direction to add the published .mp4 to my Storyline Project.. But I cannot overlay the highlights as the video runs indepndantly to the timeline. So where I am wanting to add the highlights I cannot see in the timeline only when the video plays, which stops when I try and add the highlights.

Can you provide more how this is done

Lauren Connelly

Hello Derek!

It sounds like you're hoping the media pauses to show highlights, and then allow the video to continue in between the highlights.

I've created a sample slide that you can test! It includes two triggers and a zoom region. One trigger is to pause the media and the other is to play the media. The trick to achieving this interaction is to base this on the timeline. You don't want to pause the timeline.

Go ahead and test this slide on your end! Let me know if you have any questions!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.