360 Player Artificate - White Box top left

Oct 03, 2023

Hi - hoping someone can help us with our slide issue.  I have looked around but have not seen anyone discuss this issue and I am wondering if it is specific to how we have the player set up.

We use a very basic player - classic with everything off and a black background so that our visuals make an impact.  You can see in the example provided slide 1.1 has a test video on a white background and slide 1.2 has the video on a black background but higher on the slide.  When you hit preview you can see that for a split second the slide player is missing the top left section (see slide 1.3 and 1.4) - this tends to put hairlines around that section when in preview.  This has never happened in previous versions - just wondering if this is a setting that we missed ?

This issue arises when something is on top of that section as you can see it much more in slide 1.2

Any help or direction would be amazing - we are getting into a big build and really can't afford to have this artificate on the player be an issue during design review.

Thanks Tracy

3 Replies
Luciana Piazza

Hi Tracy, 

Thanks so much for reaching out! Sorry to hear you've run into this snag. Happy to help! ✨

Did you happen to make any modifications to the latest version of the course? Just trying to zero in on what might be causing this. 

I took a look at your .story file, and it appears to be screenshots of your current course. I'd like to take a closer look at your .story file for the course. Feel free to upload to this thread or privately in a support case. It will be deleted when troubleshooting is complete.

Looking forward to hearing from you! 

Tracy Arron

Hi Luciana - sorry for the delay as i was out of town.  I have uploaded the test file to a support case.  You will see when a slide is previewed the top left corner is blank - given the way we organized the slide it will not show but if we added something with a white background you would see the lines of the box.

Any info would be appreciated as we are always striving for clean files - you never know what can effect something else in a course :)

Tracy