360 Scroll Panel Not Visible in Review

Jul 25, 2018

Hello... I just uploaded a course to the Review site and the slide on which I added a Scroll Panel, the scroll bar is not visible. I published to LMS (SCORM 2004 2nd Edition) and viewed locally and the scroll bar is there.

In my research I found references to the scroll bar not being visible with HTML5. So I launched my local published-to-LMS and launched story_html5.html and sure enough, the scroll bar was not visible. I assume when I launched my local version (launched story.html) it loaded the Flash version as I have Flash enabled in my web browser.

I'm assuming the Articulate Review site uses HTML5? Trying to make the connection. I attached two screenshots... one HTML5 with scroll bar NOT visible and one Flash with scroll bar visible.

Has anyone else encountered this issue? If so, any resolution?

Thanks in advance to the wonderful Heroes community. Take care.

Tom

6 Replies
Crystal Horn

Hi there, Tom.  Thanks for the great explanation and the visuals!  While the scroll bar might look different for your scrolling panels in HTML5 output, it should definitely still be there.

Articulate Review won't force HTML5 or Flash output.  Depending on what format you chose when publishing, you'll see the default output as long as your browser supports it.  So if you chose Flash with HTML5 fallback, for example, you'll see the Flash output in Articulate Review as long as your browser has Flash Player enabled.  If Flash is disabled, it will fall back to HTML5.

Would you be able to share with me a link to your output in Articulate Review?  If you can share your .story file, as well, I'd be happy to have a closer look!  Pro tip:  Since you have a lot of slides, you can actually choose to publish the one example slide with a scrolling panel!

Thomas Croteau

Hi, Crystal... thx so much for your reply. First of all I appreciate the info regarding formats as I had forgotten about the links in the Publish dialog.

Thanks VERY much for the tip regarding publishing a single scene or slide. I was just thinking it would be nice to have such a feature and lo and behold... :-)

My project uses the classic player and I published to the Review site using HTML5 with Flash Fallback and the scroll bar was not visible as I described above. So, I published the slide so you can see using HTML5 with Flash Fallback (scroll bar NOT visible) and then published again using Flash with HTML5 Fallback (scroll bar IS visible). So, that was very helpful to test this out.

I also attached my SL3 file so you can review. Please let me know if I can provide anything else.

Thx again, Crystal! I have to say, the Heroes forum is by far THE best as far as community-driven mindshare goes, and the support you and your Articulate colleagues provide! Benchmark!

Tom

Alyssa Gomez

Hey Thomas,

Thanks so much for sharing your file with us. After some testing, I found that the large screenshot in the scroll panel is actually covering the scrollbar in HTML5. This definitely shouldn't happen, so I'm going to bring this to our team so we can begin looking at a solution for this bug.

In the meantime, you can crop the right side of the image just far enough so that the scroll bar is no longer hidden. Here's a screen recording that explains what I mean. 

I hope that workaround is a good option for you, and let me know if you have any questions about it!

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Thomas, 

Good news! We fixed the issue you reported where the screenshot was overlapping a scrolling panel.

Install the latest Storyline 360 update to take advantage of all the recent features and fixes. Here's how.  

If the problem happens again, please record a Peek 360 screencast for me, and I'll be happy to help! 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.