508 Issues

Aug 03, 2012

Hi everyone,

I have been evaluating Storyline to see if it would be a good "tool" in our elearning toolbox but I ran across some problems with Jaws and tabbing that may mean we won't be able to use it. Here are some of the problems. If anyone has a solution to any of them I'd really like to hear. I'm not sure if I can post a sample or the story for anyone to look at but I'll try if you think you'll be able to help me. 

• I can't tab to the default video player controls to pause or play a video. We'd have to have them all autoplay.
  • The lightbox trigger - I can't tab to the Close icon to close it.
  • On Slide 2, Jaws reads what was on Slide 1. The slide 1 objects are also at the beginning of Slide 2's tabbing order.
  • I have a slide with cartoon panels. The action is to click a panel to show the characters and caption. When I tab and select the panel and then the caption and then tab again, it goes back to the header and objects at the top of the page, then cycles through the panel I already selected before I can tab to the 2nd panel. After the 2nd panel the tabbing appears to go back through the previous objects randomly before I can select the 3rd panel.   
  • Chrome - I can't tab out of the address bar when I try to view story.html or story_html5.html.

Thanks!

Kris

1 Reply

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.