A serious game on the topic of customer service (using Articulate Storyline 360)

Dec 21, 2021

We know you will enjoy this game for which we have truly pushed the limits of Articulate Storyline 360 to gamify an otherwise serious training in the field of customer service. We invite you to relax, play the game and see if you can make it to the end on your first try! (~ 25 min)

Remember, for those of you that complete the Certificate level, go back to the Map and see how good you really are with the bonus Sudden Death control.

http://cheznosh.ca/

14 Replies
Joseph Francis

If it's not too much trouble, could you let us know how many man-hours went into this project (I'm still in the Mind = Blown state with the 1,200+ triggers on one page statement) and how many iterations the project went through before you released this version? It's be nice to hold up those numbers to the "oh, you can crank something like that out in an afternoon" crowd, as a reality check.

Studio 7 Communications

Hello Joseph, the project required around 385 hours.  I do not know what the exact number of iterations is. We tried to keep it low but we added/modified a number of details/features, during development, that required re-coding already functional aspects to incorporate said new/modified details/features.  I can tell you however that there were over 20 iterations.

As you remarked upon the number of triggers on the Tables slide, I went back into the Storyline file and quickly counted the actual number of triggers on that slide.

Note: the Tables slide has a base layer and 3 secondary layers

Base layer:                                                  Three secondary layers (together)

30 Slide triggers                                         89 Layer triggers
4 Key Press triggers                                     8 Variable triggers and
76 Variable triggers  and                            3 Object triggers
1 218 Object triggers.

Alex Deer

A serious game on customer service sounds intriguing! I love trying new games, especially when they push the limits of what's possible. I'm curious, how did you do on the game? Did you make it to the end on your first try? Also, playing with the Sudden Death setting after completing the certificate sounds like a challenge. I'd love to hear if anyone has tried it. By the way, speaking of trying new things, I recently discovered a bingo cash game. It's a fun way to play bingo and have a chance to win some cash. Give it a go if you're into that sort of thing.