Adding question counter in quiz bank in Storyline 360

Aug 03, 2023

Hello!
I'm working on a project where each learning module has a quiz that will pull from a Quiz Bank.  I am looking to add a question counter so the learner knows where they are (i.e. Question x/10, etc).  I know it's done through variables, but I'm drawing a blank on how to do it.  I have a quiz "intro page" which is outside of the Quiz Bank. There are 9 learning modules in total and each has its own Quiz Bank with varying numbers of questions requires to pass.

Any and all help would be very welcome!

Cheers

Geraldine

4 Replies
Eric Santos

Hi Geraldine,

I see that Louise already shared an excellent solution! I'm happy to chime in and suggest a trigger that will help you reset the questioncount variable when the learner fails and wants to retry the quiz.

In the Failure layer of your Result slide, you can add the trigger shown in the screenshot below. Make sure to move it on top of the Jump to Slide trigger so that it will be executed before the jump.

reset questioncount variable

If you need additional help, we'd be happy to take a look at your Storyline project. You can share it here or privately through a support case. We'll delete it when we're done!