All images disappeared from within Storyline

Hello,

I am using the trial version of Storyline.  When I saved the project and closed it out yesterday the images were there and the buttons worked.  Today when I opened the project, none of the images appear any longer and none fo the buttons work.  On some timelines the images do not appear.  On other timelines they do appear.  I'm not quite sure what happened and as I am just learning Storyline I am open to anyon'es thoughts, ideas, assistance, etc.  I have already checked to be sure that I didn't hide the images and they don't look like they are hidden on the timeline - for the images that are actually registering on the timeline, but not showing on the actual screen. 

Thank you for any help!

Michelle

3 Replies
Christine Hendrickson

Hi Michelle. Welcome to E-Learning Heroes!

Sorry to hear about the trouble. I have heard of some cases where developers have copied and pasted images into their Storyline courses and have experienced similar issues. Did you paste the images into your project, by any chance?

Also, are you working with local project and image files? 

1.  Work on your local drive (your C: drive). Working on a network drive or a USB drive can cause erratic behavior, including file corruption, loss of audio, and other unexpected behavior. 

2. You should also make sure the directory path to your project files and your published output is less than 260 characters (for example C:\Articulate).

3.  Avoid using special characters, accents or symbols in your file names.

Additional information regarding "Naming Files, Paths, and Namespaces" in Windows operating systems can be found in the following Microsoft article.

Michelle Jackson

I think I have figured out the issue.  Apparently I saved it to another folder in my C drive and it wasn't reading the ppta/pptx import from Studio.  I had imported a project from Studio to convert into Storyline.  When I found the file in the correct folder everything was working.  So I deleted out the "wrongly saved" file and am now working from the one saved in the correct location and reading from the Studio/Engage/Quizmaker files.  

I am keeping my fingers crossed that was in fact the issue.