Animation

Jun 26, 2014

Hello, looking for help on some animations.

I'd like to use the "fly-in" animation from a specific point. For instance if I have a box within my overall page, I want the hover animation fly in to animate within the box. Instead, it flies from all the way at the bottom of the overall page. Is there a way to put animation points within the page vs. having it fly in/out all the way to the end borders of the overall page?

Thanks

13 Replies
Sam Joundi

Thanks Cary, this is great!! I am most interested in the way he used the sliding cube. I tried to tinker with it, but I'm puzzled at how he was able to create a transparent box with a colored box that I cannot reformat in any way. They are not grouped, and I can alter the transparent box... but the colored box is un-clickable but is yet somehow linked to the transparent box.

Sam Joundi

For instance, here's a visual representation of what I am trying to do. Within my page, I have a series of buttons. When I hover over, I'd like the orange bar to raise up within the box. The example you linked me to gets me closer, but I am stuck on how he was able to get an un-editable box to be linked to a transparent box. (like slide 3 and slide 4)

Rebecca Fleisch Cordeiro

I was thinking same as Nancy...see the first slide in the attached example.

Created this a while back to answer a question in some other thread, so the other 2 slides are showing other ways of achieving a "move across the screen" effect. Last slide actually has the motion animation created in PowerPoint, saved out as a video, and inserted into SL.

Sam Joundi

Thanks for the suggestion, unfortunately the slide I'm working on is a bit more complex that having a plain background isn't going to work. The closest i've come to getting this to work is the example Cary shared. However the slide 3 and slide 4 boxes have baffled me in how he was able to get a transparent button fixed to an animated object that cannot be edited.

Sam Joundi

I'm not exactly sure what the issue is. But I've broken it down by what I'm experiencing:

Slide 3
I cannot even select the brown box. I can edit the transparent box though.

Slide 4
Untitled Slide 2 - I can select and edit the blue box
Untitled Slide Copy (2) - I can select and edit the transparent box. But I cannot select or edit the blue box. When I move the transparent box, the blue box moves with it.
Untitled Slide Copy (5) - I can select and edit the blue box
Untitled Slide Copy (4) - I can select and edit the transparent box. But I cannot select or edit the blue box. When I move the transparent box, the blue box moves with it.

Also, the gray boxes that appear when i go from layer to layer are not editable either

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.