Exit Animation Duration Bug after latest update (Jan. 23, 2018)

Jan 23, 2018

It appears that the latest update is now messing with animation settings specifically exit animations on layers. If an object is the same length of time as the animation duration that is applied to it, the object will not animate or appear when triggered. See attached .story file for very simple demonstration. The issue appears to impact the previewed and published output.

3 Replies
Pano K.

I too am experiencing this issue and have confirmed through support that this is indeed a bug. I've discovered that the only fix is to adjust the length of time of the object so it is slightly longer than the animation duration (e.g. 1 sec object with .75 sec animation). Though this definitely was not a requirement before the update. I wouldn't consider this a simple task if it impacts a large set of slides across multiple courses as is the case with me.

Alyssa Gomez

Good news Michael and Pano!

I'm excited to let you know that we just released update 13 for Storyline 360! It includes new features and fixes - check them all out here.

One of the fixes addresses an issue where an object in a layer with the same duration of exit animation and timeline would not appear when previewed.

Here’s how you can update Storyline 360 to take advantage of everything the latest release has to offer. Let me know how you make out!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.