Animations not working in published Storyline 360 course

Jul 26, 2019

I'm using the wipe animation on some images in a slide but it doesn't work in my published Storyline course. The images simply appear. Is there a bug with the wipe animation? How can I get the wipe animation to work in a published story (Doesn't work in SCORM or TinCan)

9 Replies
Kiren Jagdev

I've just come across this too - but strange as it works in the desktop version when published through Articulate Review or when previewing in Storyline. But when viewing on a mobile (iPhone) through Chrome and Safari it doesn't seem to work in the same way. I wanted the animation to look as though its being typed so the wipe was ideal, has anyone found a resolution to this?

Many Thanks!

Kiren

Katie Riggio

Greetings, Kiren. Thanks for walking us through your experience. It was super helpful!

I mocked up and published a test file to Review 360. Here's a link to the output!

When viewing the content on desktop in any browser that isn't IE11 or Edge, the wipe animation works. This is because those browsers do not support "masking" animations in HTML5 content. 

When viewing the content on mobile in any browser, the wipe animations becomes a fade one. Like IE11 and Edge, mobile browsers also do not support "masking" animations at this time.

Let me know if that helps, and if you're seeing different behavior! Also, although I haven't seen workarounds around this, I'll keep my eyes peeled for you!

Vincent Scoma

Hi Robert,

May I ask which animations are not working for you? As Leslie mentioned, specific animations won't work, depending on the browser you are using. As an example, the wheel animation will not work when using a Microsoft browser (Edge or IE 11). For more details about this as well as solutions, we have a great resource that should help: 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.