Anyway to count mouse clicks on a 360 degree slide

Dec 14, 2022

I have built a 360 degree slide and the user has to find and click on 5 issues within that 360 slide, if they reach 7 clicks without finding the correct 5, they lose.

The problem I have is that I cannot find a way to count the total clicks (clicks that happen anywhere on the slide).

On a standard slide, I can throw in a transparent box that covers the entire slide so that can be used to count all clicks. Another issue im finding is that I cannot seem to stop the mouse cursor from changing over hotspots on a 360 degree slide! This obviously makes the task very easy for the user

I cannot seem to find a way to sort these issues with the 360 degree slides...

Thanks for all help

2 Replies
Walt Hamilton

Move that transparent object below the five correct objects. Then count all the clicks on it, and the clicks outside it (When the user clicks outside object XXX). Add them together, and if the total is seven, and the clicks on the transparent object = one or two, they found them all. Of course, that allows multiple clicks on one correct object, so you might want to take that into account. I’d count the correct objects clicked if they aren’t in visited state, and add that total to the clicks on the wrong object.