Appearing issue repeated character in Storyline 360 for Thai language

Dec 29, 2021

Hello All,

I have Source file this will be translate in Thai language, when we import Translated doc(Thai language doc) in storyfile, most of character look repeated. From our side we did tried everything, change font or replacing other language doc, but not find any solution, please help us for finding solution, for reference here is attached Images

3 Replies
Lauren Connelly

Hello Vishal!

Thank you for sharing a screenshot with us! We have this behavior logged as a software bug where Thai characters generate extra characters when copied from Word to Storyline 360. Is this similar to what you're noticing as well?

I've linked this conversation to our bug report so that we can update you when a fix is released. The current workaround is to use Google Docs instead of Microsoft Word.

Acclaro IT

Hello, 

I also have problem with Thai font too but my process is different. I exported xliff from English SotryLine and translate to Thai, after that import Thai xliff back to Storyline and change font to TH Sarabun New. I got a similar issue with double with some vowels. 

I tried to change the font but each font has the same problem too but with different vowels and/or characters. 

Eric Santos

Hi everyone!

I have great news to share! We no longer see this bug where Thai characters generate extra characters when copied from Word to Storyline 360. This is when using our latest version of Storyline 360 (Build 3.72.29699.0).

Please let us know if you're still noticing the issue, and we'll be happy to continue troubleshooting with you in a support case.