Articulate 360 - 2 computers simultaneously

May 07, 2017

I looked through the EULA and the forum and know that 2 simultaneous computer are allowed for Articulate 360. So I'm wondering if that is installs or concurrent sign-ins. For the perpetual license, installs makes sense. For 360 subscription, sign-in makes sense.

Like many folks, I have multiple computers for different functions but I'm not using my account on the other computers simultaneously, it really is just me.

Since SL360 needs to be signed into the cloud, I'm hoping I can sign-out of my work computer, sign-in on my laptop while I'm at the coffee house and then sign-out, and then sign in on my iMac when I get home. No point looking at a laptop when I'm at home and I've got a larger 5k screen.

I only need 1 login at a time and I'm hoping with the cloud-connected nature of 360 this is possible. What can you tell me?

9 Replies
Defac itmanager

Hi Team,

I manage Articulate 360 licenses for 2 team members (I don't use the software myself, I just manage the users).  Your License Limitations allow for the installation on 2 desktops and 2 mobile devices, although simultaneous use is not permitted.  As my license is for 2 users, does this effectively mean that each user has the potential to install on 2 desktops and 2 mobile devices?

Michael

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Michael, 

With a 360 Teams account, each seat will count towards one user will have their own login and access through their Articulate ID. They can log in and have the software installed on their computers or access the web-based tools such as Rise and Review by logging in at 360.articulate.com. 

If you need to add an additional seat to your team account or talk through the limitations and your situation, our Customer Care team will be happy to help. Feel free to email them at Biz@articulate.com or give us a call at +1 (800) 861-4880 (ext 2 is Customer Care). 

Defac itmanager

Hi Ashley, thanks for the quick response.  Just to clarify, I have 2 seats for my account (I don't use either, just manage the users) .  It is possible that these 2 workers will take advantage of working from home, so the software will be installed on their Home PC and well as their work PC.  So am I correct in thinking that this software can be installed onto 2 desktops (home and work) for each team member, plus the mobile devices?

Michael

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

You got it, Michael! 😀

Each seat would allow that user to log in to Articulate 360 tools such as Storyline, on two computers (laptop/desktop, home/work, etc.). 

Rise and Review are web-based and don't need to be installed. You can access those by logging into the 360 account and visiting each section of the Articulate 360 page. 

Miguel Baranda

Hi,

1. If PCs and Laptops are desktop installations, what exactly are mobile installations?

2. This is the setup we are considering:

Installation 1 - Company Desktop - with higher specs but not portable

Installation 2 - Company Laptop - portable but lower specs so easy access for SMEs , for recording videos and sims only

Instead of using Installation 2 on a Company Laptop, I am considering using the license to login to my personal laptop instead so I can work from home.

Cheers,

Miguel

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.