Articulate 360 error 80240017

Nov 09, 2016

I downloaded the trial to prove it, but continually gives me this error.

18 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Juan,

What Windows version are you using? We've seen a few different errors such as this and it's been connected back to not having the latest Windows updates installed. If you'd like to connect with our Support team here they'll be able to assist you with getting that updated so that you can dive into the trial. 

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Thanks Juan for confirming that - you will want to look at the download for Microsoft/Windows updates here and once you've manually installed those than you should be able to install Articulate 360. If you're still having difficulty, please visit our Support case form to work directly with our Engineers who are available 24/7. 

Crystal Horn

Hi Juan-- thanks for the additional information.  I found this information from the Microsoft support community page:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/windows-update-error-0x80240017/3d475e8c-4cdc-491a-aba4-eb4b072b0d8e

You might want to give those steps a try and possibly reach out to Microsoft for support with their updates.  If you are having trouble after successfully updating Windows, please connect with our support team for 24/7 help by submitting a case here!

Crystal Horn

Hi there, Rafael.  Let me grab some additional information from you.

• When you downloaded the installation file, articulate-360.exe, did you get it directly from our site?  Also, where was it saved once it was downloaded?
  • Are you able to run that file "as administrator?"
  • What version of Windows are you using?

Let me know, and we'll work on some next steps!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.