Articulate 360: Exporting .vtt files from Storyline into Rise

Mar 20, 2024

Hi all, I'd be grateful for any advice or help on this one please!

I've created an explainer intro video in Storyline 360 for a course authored in Rise, and painstakingly added closed captions manually to the audio. I just need the one language, but the audio consists of several different files added to different layers in Storyline.

I've exported the storyline file as a video, and then added to my Rise course. The closed captions don't work.

I then tried exporting the captions at a .VTT file from Storyline and adding that to the video in Rise - but - as there are several audio files, Rise will only except one VTT file in one language.

How can I merge the .VTT files (I've already tried an external app, but it's all out of sync) so that I have one file for my Rise course, or what would you recommend is the best way of handling this please? How can I get the this working so that I have closed captions from my Storyline video in my Rise course?

Look forward to hearing any suggestions!

Many thanks,

Liz

5 Replies
Liz Reed

I think I've figured out a kinda work-around. I've published the Storyline file to Review and then embedded that file in Rise using the Storyline block. I've used the player in Storyline to show video controls. Now the captions work.

With the embedded storyline file in Rise, the pause/play button doesn't seem to work, and the background audio seems to go out of sync if you fast forward/rewind, which I'll take a look at.

Other suggestions/solutions still very much welcomed!

Liz Reed

I've found that I can add a trigger to the background audio to stop it playing at the end if the learner has skipped around. Not quite sure how I can get it started again at the right point though! Can't figure out why the play and pause button isn't working in the player either - I've checked the player and the settings on the slide/layers.

Liz Reed

Thanks Jose, but the original issue with the .VTT files has now resolved, so I've got a fix and can export as video from Storyline, which is now creating a full, separate VTT file, so I can happily upload both the MP4 and VTT file to my Articulate Rise course. I'm not sure what happened originally for the VTT file to not work correctly, but it seems to have fixed itself now! Thanks for your offer of help.