Articulate 360 Icon Fading Out in the Task Bar

Nov 15, 2023

I have an odd one. I have noticed that in as little as day's time after restarting my PC, the Articulate 360 icon will fade out. 

hard fade

It isn't a big issue, but I would like to know if other people have this experience and why this would be occurring. 

1 Reply
Eric Santos

Hello Charles,

Thanks for reaching out; that is an odd one indeed! Happy to help! I'm not experiencing this with the taskbar icon after restarting, nor have I heard of a similar report.

Articulate 360 desktop app taskbar icon

As an initial troubleshooting step, let's try to close and reopen the desktop app:

• Close the Articulate 360 desktop app by right-clicking the Articulate icon in your computer's system tray (by the clock) and choosing Quit.
  • Open the Articulate 360 desktop app again.

If the issue persists, I'd recommend doing a clean install of Articulate 360 on your machine. Please follow these steps to remove all Articulate 360 files and registry keys from your computer:

1. Close the Articulate 360 desktop app using the steps above.

2. Go to your Control Panel and uninstall all Articulate 360 apps, including the Articulate 360 desktop app, Peek 360, Replay 360, Storyline 360, and Studio 360.

3. Download and extract this zip file on your computer.

4. Right-click the 360cleanup.bat file and choose "Run as administrator." The script should only take a few seconds to remove all the Articulate files and registry keys from your computer.

5. Reboot your computer.

6. Download the latest Articulate 360 desktop app here.

7. Right-click the articulate-360.exe file and choose "Run as administrator."

8. Launch the Articulate 360 desktop app and click "Install" beside each authoring app you want to install.

9. Reboot your computer and test your Articulate apps.

If this does not help, please open a case with our support team here for further assistance.