Articulate 360 - Publish to Video

Aug 24, 2018

I am testing a trail version of Articulate 360 to see if it's a good solution for my company. We currently use Storyline 2 and I want to see if the new version is worth the expense. One of the features I want to test is the publish to video option, but when I'm testing, it takes a very long time then errors. After doing some research, it appears an update fixed this issue specifically for courses containing screen recordings, which we use heavily. When I check for updates, it doesn't go through the regular process, I'm guessing because it's a trail version. This is a very important feature for me to test. Any recommendations?

4 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Hi Erica! 

Thanks for checking out Articulate 360! We've added so much to Storyline since Storyline 2. Check out all the new goodies right here!

You mentioned you're trying to update Storyline, and the update isn't working. You may already be on the latest update of Storyline 360. To check, click the Help tab, then click About Storyline. You should see 3.19.16600.0 in the bottom-right corner. 

If you find that you aren't on the latest version but you're still not able to update your software, it could be due to one of the reasons listed here. 

Erica Rapp-Hoerbert

Thank you for responding. I am using version 3.19.16600.0, but receive the following error when I try to publish a course to video. The course takes 10 minutes to complete and file size is 79,790 KB. 

"The maximum video duration (2 hours) or file size (4 GB) was reached before the end of the project was detected and video encoding was cancelled."

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.