Articulate 360 SL Audio Recording not working

Jan 31, 2023

Hello all, last week, I was able to record audio in project per slide/layer. Today, I need to make a couple adjustments to the audio. However, a couple behaviors are happening:

1. When I record the audio (Insert > Audio > Record Mic, make edits in the audio editor, and save, I get an error box, and the audio doesn't save at all.

2. When I record the audio, save it, and then open the audio editor to make changes, and save again, the audio file appears to be there, but there is no sound.

This is one of two courses that I have to finish and assign next week. I currently do not have Audacity as an option for recording, though I will be looking into it.

Current SL Version: v3.72.29699.0 ; I updated SL before starting this course.

Thank you for your help!

1 Reply
Luciana Piazza

Hi Nicole,

Thanks for reaching out! So sorry to hear you're experiencing these audio issues. Happy to help!

I have a few questions in order to assist you better: 

• Are you using a built-in microphone or an external microphone for recording the audio?
  • Does the same issue happen when importing your project into a new project?
  • Have you attempted to repair Storyline 360? Here are the instructions.

If you are still having trouble, we'd be happy to take a look at your file and troubleshoot with you in this thread or privately in a support case. Whatever you are most comfortable with.