Articulate Mobile Player

Mar 09, 2018

Is the Articulate Mobile Player no longer working?

It does not come up when I search for it on IOS. When I tried to run it on an android device it just gives an error that you can not view the content through the player? Please advise.

Thanks,

Mike

9 Replies
Leslie McKerchie

Hi Mike,

Sorry to hear that you're running into some problems with the app.

I see Articulate Mobile Player in the app store when searching. It is an iPad only app and you will not see it if searching from a mobile phone.

As far as your content not displaying via Android, would you be able to share the .story file you are working with and I'll test publishing/viewing on Android in AMP.

Mike G

Thanks, that would explain the issue when searching from an iphone.

I published the Storyline project for LMS.

I have a Samsung android device with the Articulate mobile player downloaded and when I login to my LMS it now opens the html5 version. I want it to force the app to open not play the html5 version, how can I do this?

Thanks,

Mike

Leslie McKerchie

Hi Mike,

Now we might be getting somewhere.

Are you publishing to Tin Can API? You're limited to that format when publishing to an LMS and wanting to view/track with the Articulate Mobile Player.

As Matthew mentioned previously, the HTML5 output for mobile devices has been improved.

We recommend choosing the HTML5/Flash format when you publish to cover the widest audience, provide the best experience, and support all LMS specs. 

Leslie McKerchie

Hi Mike,

You have the option to publish for 'local' viewing if you do not need to track the information. I know users have loaded this on a USB drive, so I'm sure an SD card could work as well. I'm not sure how to launch content from that though, so hopefully someone in the community can chime in to share some experience here.

Another option, if you want them to use the Articulate Mobile Player offline is to publish/host on a webserver vs LMS.

Hopefully that gives you a couple of ideas and you can find the best option for you.

Mike G

Thanks for your help!

My LMS is moodle, not sure if you have worked with it before, but I am guessing I will need the Tin Can plugin in order to upload there?

Also, when publishing for CD, which is local I believe, I can get the files on the tablet but none of them will open. I have tried the launch.exe and story_html5.

Thanks,

Mike

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.