Articulate Mobile Player

Sep 18, 2018

Hi community !

I need your help ! I can't post a publication in Articulate Mobile Player on  ipad.
I did several tests, I published course via articulate online, sent the link by mail but it does't appear in library...

Small question, is it necessary that the mail of the creator of the course is the same as email of ipad?
I really can't understand the process!
Could you explain me step by step, please.
The idea of ​​the project is an offline reading of the course without feedback on the LMS. So, what is the process during a WEB publication?
Thank you for your help

3 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Neumeier,

Once you upload your published Storyline course to the website, LMS or Articulate Online, you'll share the link to access it with any of your learners. They'll need to access that link on the iPad using the Safari or Chrome browser, and they'll see a prompt to download the Articulate Mobile Player or it'll open in the app if it's already downloaded. 

Storyline gives you the option to let learners download content for offline viewing in the Articulate Mobile Player app. However, Articulate Online requires an Internet connection to view and track content. As a result, we've disabled the ability to view courses offline when they're hosted in Articulate Online.

Currently, offline viewing is only supported with courses published for web-deployment (i.e., hosted on a web server).

Jenn Rose

Hi All: I have the exact same need as outlined in this post, but I have yet to find the right combination of publishing options, etc. to make the "offline access" function work reliably with AMP on both of my client's iPads.

Ashley, I've tried accessing the article linked in your reply (thank you), but it appears that the article is no longer available or has been moved. I've also tried setting up an AWS act. to house these demo courses, but I've hit a snag with the security set-up. (Ref'd "How to Share E-Learning Courses Using Amazon S3" blog post, but I think I might need a "for dummies" version of this process, as I'm a novice with web development stuff.)

Is there a "how to" resource available to walk new-to-AMP course developers through the details of providing offline access to iPad users (who don't need LMS-style tracking functions)? For example:

• Which publishing option should be used (to post the course to a site in a way that'll make it connect to AMP & download courses)?
  • Which player features need to be enabled/disabled to ensure successful AMP connection and full function of the "offline access" feature?
  • Is there an easy way to use SCORM Cloud to make this offline access happen quickly?

I've found several posts in e-learning heroes that have helped a bit (thank you, community!), but I'm still stumped. It seems the info. I need might be scattered across multiple posts that have cropped up across a span of several years, and I'm not sure which pieces and parts of the techie elements have changed (e.g., AWS IAM security stuff).

I'm up against a tight time crunch to make these demo courses work via offline access (on iPad), and I really appreciate any (quick) guidance you can provide. (HELLLLP!)    :0)

Thank you!

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Jenn,

Whoops! Not sure what happened to that link, but I fixed it above and have relinked it here for you. 

If you don't need to track the course, I'd suggest publishing for Web. You'll need to select the Offline option as shown:

Amazon S3 is pretty easy once you get it set up, but if you don't have an IT team (or tech-savvy colleague) to rely on, you may also want to look at the Google storage option.  Any other web server that you have access to or can embed your content on should do the trick too.

Once the course is uploaded to any of those options, you'll grab the link that ends in story.html and that's what you'll share with learners. They'll access that link on their iOS devices and if they haven't installed the Articulate Mobile player already they'll see a prompt to do so. 

Keep in mind that a Wi-Fi connection is required to initially download the content. If you attempt to download a course over a cellular connection, you'll encounter the following reminder: Connect to a Wi-Fi network.

Let me know if you need anything else! 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.