Articulate Player issue

Aug 08, 2016

Hello

I access Moodle using iPad Safari. I can see the eLearning modules that I'm enrolled onto when in Moodle - I click the course and a new tab opens in Safari asking me to Launch the Articulate Player. When I click to launch it, it then tells me that I need to download the player to my iPad - which I've already done.

Now.. if I publish the course to a server (or something like Dropbox) and click the story.html link, the Articulate Module Player opens up fine and the course can be viewed and downloaded.

Therefore there appears to be an issue when trying to view an eLearning SCORM module via Moodle using iPad Safari and Articulate Player.

Does anyone know if this is a bug, or just does not work via Moodle? If the latter, is there a work around?

Thanks.

Nick

3 Replies
Leslie McKerchie

Hi Nick!

If your LMS doesn’t require learners to log in to view content, they might be able to use the Articulate Mobile Player app. If your LMS requires learners to log in, they may not be able to use the Articulate Mobile Player, because browsers cannot pass security credentials to iPad apps unless the LMS supports Tin Can API (which is also required for tracking).

Have you tried viewing the content when just publishing to HTML5 and not the Articulate Mobile Player. Here is a helpful article as well on publishing for mobile devices.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.