Articulate Storyline 360 Editing slowdown

May 05, 2023

I am finding working with Storyline 360 hard work. In the last 6 weeks on loading storyline files. CPU, Memory and Power usage are all high. Images are slow to appear, audio files are hanging, and scrolling through slides in the scenes makes the window hang.  Publishing files are taking ages, 17 mins is an eternity! I have tried Uninstalling and rolling back updates to no avail.

I seem to have a process running in Storyline in the task Master CefSharp.BrowserSubprocess.exe (32bit) should this be there?

I have never had these problems before. I am working with files of 150 MB on a Dell workstation, SSD drives with lots of space, lots of RAM and good graphics cards.

Is anyone else suffering?

Pinned Reply
Lauren Connelly

Hi Graeme!

I'm happy to share that today we just shipped 64-bit Storyline 360!

To use 64-bit Storyline 360, make sure to update your Articulate 360 desktop app, then click the Install button next to the Storyline 360 app with the 64-bit and beta labels. The Install button will change to an Open button when the installation is complete.

Since this version is in beta, we'd love for you to test it out and share your feedback and experience with us by replying to this discussion.

2 Replies
Jose Tansengco

Hello Graeme, 

Sorry to hear that you ran into this issue.

Can I ask if you are working locally when editing and publishing your project files? If you are, try doing a repair of your Storyline 360 installation to see if this helps with the performance issues you're experiencing. 

If the issue persists after doing a repair, open a case with our support team here so we can take a closer look at the behavior!

Lauren Connelly

Hi Graeme!

I'm happy to share that today we just shipped 64-bit Storyline 360!

To use 64-bit Storyline 360, make sure to update your Articulate 360 desktop app, then click the Install button next to the Storyline 360 app with the 64-bit and beta labels. The Install button will change to an Open button when the installation is complete.

Since this version is in beta, we'd love for you to test it out and share your feedback and experience with us by replying to this discussion.