Articulate Storyline Error Report

Apr 04, 2023

Hi Team,

While creating the "New Project" in storyline, am getting the "Articulate Storyline Error Report" popup is appearing. Its remain for the other worked file also. Have attached the screenshot for reference.

Please share the work around to fix it.

Thanks

Rajesh

8 Replies
Steven Benassi

Hi Rajesh!

I’d be happy to help you troubleshoot this! I just had some follow-up questions:

If you’d like to get in touch with our support engineers to investigate what's happening, you can connect with them here. They will work with you one-on-one to get more information on your specific set-up and nail down the cause of the issue!

Jerusha Taylor

I'm getting the same thing on one module I'm trying to publish in Storyline 360.  Not long ago, I didn't have this issue.  I did however, update Storyline a couple of hours ago, when a new update was pushed out when I logged in.  Haven't had this error message in a long time.

Just in case, I've cleared cookies and cache from the browser and I am trying to publish this to a personal drive and I've tried on the secured, shared drive that we store all of our online content.  

Rajesh Gunasekaran

Hi Steven,

Thanks for the response.

1. Yeah am working on the local drive. Here I cant able to create the New file, once I click the New Project option in landing page, it throughs the error. 

2. I tried to repair & also uninstall and reinstall the Articulate 360. It remains same :(

3. I have used Version 3.73.30180.0 their got the issue first then downgrade to 3.73.30119.0 but still issue remains same. Attached screenshot for reference. 

Thanks

Rajesh

Jürgen Schoenemeyer

you seems to have a damaged installation of storyline

<Message>Method 'set_Role' in type 'SlideWrapper' from assembly 'Articulate.Storyline.Triggers, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=d5318c866ad944b5' does not have an implementation.</Message>

there is something missing (Articulate.Storyline.Triggers.dll ???)

if a uninstall/reinstall don't solve your problem you should open a support case

Lauren Connelly

Hello Jerusha!

Thanks for sharing a screenshot with us! Are you finding this happens with every project or just a specific one?

If it's a specific one, do you mind sharing the .story file with us in this discussion or privately in a support case? If it is every project, then you might consider these steps, Storyline 360: How to Fix Unexpected or Erratic Behavior, to get Storyline 360 back up and running.

Please keep us updated!