Audio

Jun 15, 2015

I've used Articulate in PowerPoint for some time but am new to Storyline.  When I imported my PowerPoint presentations into Storyline, audio that was perfectly clear in the original has the speaker sounding as if they are in a cave, muffled and echoing.  I tried recording directly again and I sound like I joined him in the cave.  Is there a setup problem on my computer or some other issue causing this?  ANy ideas to fix this problem would be appreciated?

9 Replies
Leslie McKerchie

Hi Chris!

First of all, I wanted to share some information with you on how the audio quality is handled.

Are you working locally on your project files? That is the biggest issue that I see often with audio issues.

Are you able to record audio outside of Storyline with no issues at this time with the same set-up?

Chris Curtis

Yes, I'm working locally. I have echo problems no matter what program I use to record it.  Audio I previously recorded before using storyline (done in articulate studio) has an echo even though it didn't in the original.  Commercial music and system .wav files sound fine.  I considered quality of microphone but why did the recordings sound OK before?

Leslie McKerchie

Hi Chris!

We recommend converting your audio files to 16 bit 44 KHZ PCM WAV for best results.

If you are having issue outside of Storyline, you may need to check drivers and update.

Chris Curtis

Is this an appropriate address to ask questions about the production relationship between Storyline and Studio? I had the impression you could replace Studio with Storyline. Now that we have them both, it appears storyline will do many things you can do in Studio but not everything. So how are they intended be used together? Will they eventually be one product?

Leslie McKerchie

Hi Chris! You are welcome to ask that question, and hopefully someone in the community will be able to chime in with their thoughts.

We have many customers that prefer one over the other, and many that have both as well. I think it simply depends on the nature of the content and need of customer/course.