Audio - bad quality after import

Jul 08, 2015

Hi everyone! 

Before deciding to create this new discussion I've tried to find the answer to my question in other discussions. Unfortunately (don't know how's that possible) no one had (until now) this problem.

So, I recorded my audio with Audacity (all good) and than I imported it in Storyline (not good). The file is .wav, stereo, 44.1KHz sample rate with 16 bits (bit depth). I tried to find a place where I can set my settings for the audio but no luck. I use Storyline 2 (update 5).

Here I've attached also the original .wav file which I exported from Audacity and also a .story file with the same .wav file already imported.

I hope it's just something that is very easy to set and I just didn't know about it!

Thanks to all who will write here and if you had the same problem like me write it in a comment. 

4 Replies
Christie Pollick

Hi, Timotei -- Thanks for providing your files here; I will take a look now. In the meantime, I wanted to ask if you could run through a few troubleshooting steps to rule out some common issues. Please make sure you are working locally as described here, and you may want to try importing the file into a new file. If you are still having issues, you might want to try to repair Storyline. In addition, please ensure that you are testing your published output in the intended environment

I will let you know what I see in your file shortly. :)

Timotei Redis

Hi Christie!

After I read what you wrote I tried first to listen again in comparison (original vs imported) and somehow didn't seem to be so bad anymore. :) But still, the sound is a little compressed (you can't argue that). Maybe, for the next update, I would like to have control over what I import in Storyline. Even if it's video, sound or pictures (btw, with pictures I have had the same problem when imported). So, please put it on your "to do" list for the next update. :) (this is for the whole team) 

Regarding the steps you wrote, I did everything right. But I cannot afford to do the repair part because the risk is too high and my boss won't let me do it and lose my entire project or parts of it.

I normally upload the project on LMS but that I'll do later on. Maybe then I can say for sure if my audio quality is/isn't a little destroyed.  


Thanks anyway for your time and amabilty!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.